Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Love-Hate Relationship

So we've received about 24 inches of snow in the past 36 hours, and I must say it is beautiful. Eight people have been cooped up in our house for the last day just trying to stay warm and keep company. It's been a lot of fun. Monday night right before the storm hit, my school cancelled classes, and we stayed up until 4 o'clock in the morning. It was great.

But I've also decided that I have a love-hate relationship with snow. I think it is beautiful, and I love watching it snow. I love being inside when the snow is in fact falling from the sky. What I do not like is the next day when it is done snowing and all that snow remains lurking about. You can't go anywhere, and you can't do anything and because the snow is shining, it just makes one want to go out and be in the beautiful weather . . . well, the sunny weather.

What also stinks is that I had just gotten myself back into the groove of reading for class and getting on the ball for school work and getting motivated, and then class gets cancelled two days in a row. Lovely. Now, if we have class tomorrow, I have to get my lazy self motivated, again, and get back to reading. Fun fun.

Another thing I don't really care for is that you can't really be physically active, like intense exercise, especially when there are eight people in your house. I mean, I could go out and run in the snow, but I would only last like five minutes, and it's really, really cold. And I don't like that once you go out, spend some time in the snow and come back in, the snow gets everywhere. Yeah, it's fun to play in, which we did today, but it just gets everything wet and cold.

The last thing I really hate about this snow is the fact that I-44 west is closed, or at least part of it is. I haven't been home since January 5. I've been on a mission trip, and now we're in our second week of classes. I just want to go home. But if they don't open I-44 west by this weekend, I'll be stuck here for another week, which wouldn't be horrible, but I would still like to go home. My family really wants to see me, and I really want to see them.

So, yeah, I love the snow as it's falling and sparkling in the moonlight. It just makes one want to sit by the fire, sip hot cocoa, and read a good book. But when you are cooped up for two days and have nothing to do, it gets old.

Yes, I thank God for the beauty of it, but I just really wish I could go home.

There. I've said my peace.
Here are some pictures of our lovely Snow Apocalypse of 2011.






Hope everyone enjoyed their snow.
Until next time. God Bless.

1 comment:

Lea said...

Yes, I totally agree. The boys have had a great time playing in the snow. It is beautiful to look at, especially the way the wind blew it so it looks like waves but we were all getting stir crazy today. We went out to eat for lunch today and were surprised at how bad the roads still were, most especially the highways. The highways were much worse than the side streets, quite scary at times actually. I think you would be very wise to wait until next weekend. It is just not worth risking having an accident, getting stranded or putting yourself in danger. Love you and miss you bunches!