Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Room is Done . . . For Now

Well, this last Monday my roommate and I worked all day on our room, and I must it looks pretty good. Pictures don't do it justice, but here you go.

Before: Funky paintings on the wall I did my sophomore year.

Cluttered bookshelf.

Funky weird colors. Poor Audrey had to go, but I still have one poster of her up.

And after: it's so different. The letters of "LOVE" are pasted with pictures of camps and mission trips I've been to. This is something I wrote at camp this summer that my roommate inspired me to paint. So I did.


A little more organized bookshelf and painted with distressing! I love it.
Found this little wall decoration at a flea market. It's a little small to just hang on a wall, but we'll find something to accompany it.
So that's my room now. I kept to my budget pretty well. I might have gone over by five or so dollars, but not too badly. I still would like to get a few more throw pillows and maybe change the comforter, but those will just have to be as I go things, and when I'm able to save.

I wish you could see it in person. It's so much more fun.

Until next time,
God Bless

1 comment:

Lea said...

Very cute and I love the large poster with the words. I think that would be very inspiring. Your distressed bookshelf looks really good too.

Hope school is going well. We miss you. Love you bunches!