Saturday, February 16, 2008

My First College Visit!

Well, I am finally at my first college weekend. So far, I really like the campus, but it's really rainy here right now and really cold. The student host that was supposed to be my host this weekend has a friend here that is leaving for Afganastan in a couple of weeks. This is the last time she is going to see her before she leaves. She's in the Marines. I know that she needs to spend time with her, but I wish I had more time with her too. I'm kind of left out in the cold. But the college won't be about socializing and being with your roommate constantly. It will be about the learning experience and about the environment around you. I really like the layout of the college. It's small and easy to find everything. The college is laid out in a circle. It's pretty small. A lot smaller than what I thought it would be. Tomorrow is Sunday and I'm going to church with Lindsey. Then afterwards, we're going to Lindsey's grandma's house for lunch. I'm actually kind of excited. I get to see my mom and I'll have someone to talk to. I wish I knew for sure or not if this is where I'm supposed to go to college. I wish God would just send me the ultimate sign. But I know I have to wait on Him and His timing. I just hope that's not too much longer.

Next weekend, I'm visiting another college. This one's actually in Oklahoma. I don't know what I'll think of it. I already know that it's a lot bigger than the one I'm visiting now. But that's okay. I'm just really not sure what I want. I've always thought a college environment would be different than what I saw today. And maybe I have this impression because of the experience I had with my host. We went to dinner tonight with Lindsey's boyfriend and a friend of his. It was probably the most awkward experience I've ever had. I think I would've enjoyed it a lot more if I was given a tour and had a host I didn't know. I just sat there and listened to everyone else talk. It was bad, but I'm ready for the other events of the weekend too.

I guess my waiting will never end. I just have to keep praising God and giving Him the glory for all He's done and going to do. I praise Him even though I don't know what He's doing.

I'm proud to say I have updated my profile picture. After seven months, I figured it was time I gave you a more recent picture.

Well, it's late and we have to get up and go to church tomorrow. I'll talk to you later. I want to start blogging more. I wish I had internet at home.

I'll give updates after my next college visit.

Jana

1 comment:

Lea said...

You'll have to tell me how to update my profile picture. I have been wanting to do it but can't remember how:).