Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Second College Visit.

Yesterday, I visited OSU. I went there with my dad, and one of my friends from high school gave me a tour.

Here are some things that I didn't like about it:
  • It's very big. A lot bigger than what I had aniticipated.
  • They have co-ed dorms. I didn't like that.
  • There are a lot of bars and places to party around the campus.
  • It's so busy.

The things that I didn't like far outweigh the things that I did like. The things that I did like were so minute and insignificant that they wouldn't and shouldn't matter in a college selection.

I realized that I like SBU a lot more. It's so simple. It's a lot easier to get to, it's smaller, and I'll have a better chance of getting a Christian roommate and finding a Christian guy. I think I'm pretty set on SBU. What I was really surprised was that my dad was totally for SBU. My mom and I both thought that he would really play up OSU because it is cheaper. But he didn't. He told me that I would stay more focused at SBU and that God could speak more clearly at SBU than He could at OSU. I think I've been so focused on knowing God's will that I didn't look at the obvious. I'm a Christian, why wouldn't God want me to go to a Christian university where I'm surrounded by hopefully more Christian people than not? It's pretty obvious.

So I think my college selection process is almost over, I hope. Unless God brings something else into my life, I'm pretty sure SBU is where I'm going.

Talk to you later.

1 comment:

Lea said...

Hi dearie! I just caught up reading some of your posts. I haven't read any blogs in a while because I have been reading so much political stuff. I'm happy for you that you will be going to SBU.

I know it's not easy to be around people who do not practice their faith as you do. I am so proud of you and you are setting a wonderful example for lots of others. Find comfort in the fact that God has already picked out your husband and He is preparing him for you, just as He is preparing you for him. It will be worth the wait, trust me:).