Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Third Times the Charm!!!

This is first week in three weeks that nothing tragic has happened to my truck. Praise be to God. Sometimes God just gives us little tests and sometimes they come all at once.

I went to our crisis pregnancy center to volunteer today for the first time in over a month. I missed it so much. I was so glad to be back and getting back into the normal routine of things. Not much is going on here. My roommate and I are hosting a prospective student this weekend for what's called "Bearcat Days." About 200 seniors in high school are coming to stay Sunday night, and we get to host one in our dorm room. It will be really fun. I was a bearcat last year, and I can't believe that it's already been a year since I stayed here. Incredible.

My roommate also invited me to attend a Disciple Now weekend at a church not too far from here. I would be in charge of a group of girls ranging from 7th grade to seniors in high school. I'm very excited to do this. It will be the first weekend in March and I can't wait. (By the way, Disciple Now is like a weekend retreat that churches host and it's just a very close setting to grow deeper in your walk with Christ. That's a rough description.)

My roommate is also going home with me not this weekend, but next. It's going to be so much fun. She's never been to Oklahoma, and I'm excited to be the first person to take her there. Fun times.

Well, I've got to go take pictures at the basketball game for yearbook. Makin' the big bucks. Ha ha. Not really.

Until next time, God Bless.

2 comments:

Lea said...

Wow, it's been a year already. So much can happen in one year. Time goes by so fast.

Am I going to see you and your roommate while you are here?

Jana H said...

Well, we are going down to the farm on that Saturday which is the 21st. I want to show her around and Aubrey said we might ride horses. I don't know. Anyway, I would love to see you guys if you wanted to come down. Katlyn would love to meet the boys, and I would love to see them. I had thought about coming to Tulsa but that would be all of our Saturday and I wouldn't get to see my parents much. Maybe you could come down. And then if you came to the farm it wouldn't be as far as our house. Anyway, I hope I can see you. Love you so much.