Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Continuing With Life

So I'm back at college. Let me just say I'm very glad to be back. I really enjoyed working with the youth at my church this summer, but it was kind of a stressful situation. I'm just glad to be back in the good ole college town and being a simple college student.

Right off the bat since I've been back, God has been asking me to trust him with my money. I think out of all the things that I could trust him with, that's one of the hardest. But I have to remember that it's not my money to begin with and that all he asks is that I am a good steward of it. I'm hoping that when classes start and things start to pick up (like my job) that I can get on a budget and stick to it. I think that would really help me save and not just be an impulsive spender.

My roommate is not here yet; she won't arrive until tomorrow. I can't wait to meet her. My roommate from last year transferred to Union University in Tennessee, so I get to live with someone new this year. I think it will be really fun. I also know the girls who are my suite-maits and I'm super happy that there are going to be here. It will be so much fun.

I bought my books yesterday and the grand total came to $398.03. I wasn't too thrilled, but maybe I'll be able to sell a few from last semester and make a few dollars that way. I don't know. I did get one of my books from a friend for free, so that was a major blessing.

Before I left home to come back to college, I had been realizing more and more just how great and deep God's love is for me, for everyone. I've been focusing all summer on how God's relationship with me is supposed to be like a husband/wife relationship. God has been pursuing me and loving me forever and nothing on this earth could compare with his unfailing love. It's funny how a change of surroundings and people can sometimes cause you to doubt that. But his love doesn't change from state-to-state or from town-to-town. God will always love me no matter what. He desires that I would know him and love him more as well.

Well, I guess I'm going to head to lunch. We're getting ready for Welcome Week here at the college and we've been having lots of meetings and such. It's been fun. I can't wait for things to really begin tomorrow when all the students get here.

May God Bless your day and may you rest in him.
(P.S. Two months from today I will be 20 years old. Wow!!!)

Jana

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow!! you're going to be twenty? But, but, you're too young to be twenty!! haha
I will forever see you as the girl who was so psyched about turning sixteen.

Lea said...

Welcome back! Good to hear from you again. Hope you are having a great week. I can't believe you are going to be 20. How is that possible? Seems like it was just yesterday that I was watching you pretend to be Mary Poppins, holding the umbrella and the little bag while watching glancing back and forth between the movie and the mirror. 20 already? I think there must be some mistake:). Love you dearie.

Aubrey said...

Lol.. It will be here before you know it...and the book total..I have something to make you feel happy about that...mine came to a Grand Total of $994.15.....yahhh...never spent so much money at once in my whole life...hopefully I can make most of it back by selling them though...Well love you. Ill ttyl.. Hope school is going well also! =)