Monday, January 4, 2010

Enjoying my break

I'm on break from school right now, and I'm enjoying it immensely. I can't get over how fast the semester flew by. But I learned many things this semester, although that information is for another post altogether.

My Christmas was great, and it was so nice to see family. I didn't get to go to Tulsa as early as I wanted because we had a beautiful, but terrible blizzard on Christmas Eve which prevented travel for the next two or three days. That was kind of a disappointment, but I'm here now, and all is well.

I'm excited to get back to school. I miss seeing my friends and miss the groove of my everyday routine with classes, newspaper, and everything else I do.

I was talking with a friend, and he mentioned how he hoped that 2010 was better than 2009. I thought that was kind of a funny statement, although I can see where he was coming from. I can honestly say that I hope the same. What is 2010 going to bring? God teaches me how to trust him in new ways everyday. I know that he will continue to teach me how to trust him. Trusting is not an easy thing. It takes courage, and ultimately, it takes faith. I have to come to the point where I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that whatever I have going on in my life that God is going to take care of it. He will take care of it better than what I could ever imagine. It's just that little step in between when I say, "Okay, God, here it is. Here's all my junk that I can't handle," that is the hardest. What if the end result is not what I would have planned for myself? What if trusting God is scary? Well, the Christian walk is scary; the Bible says that. God never said it would be easy, no sir. But he did say he would be with us every step of the way.

So, no, I don't know what 2010 will hold. But I do know that yes, whatever happens, it will be for God's glory, and it will be a great year.

Happy New Years to you all.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

You and me both, sister! amen ;)