Saturday, January 30, 2010

Moving Right Along

I attended a meeting yesterday for first time field experience for future teachers. I will be observing in a classroom twice a week until I reach a minimum of 30 hours. We don't have to start until Feb. 15, but I'm starting on Tuesday. I'm really excited. I called my teacher on Friday, and we agreed that Tuesdays and Thursdays would be good days for me to come. It doesn't seem possible that this is actually happening. I still feel like I should be taking general education classes, but I'm embarking on a step that will affect my future career.

I will be in a middle school, but that's okay because I know that teaching is teaching. I can still learn about how to teach English even if I'm not in a high school. For my next round of field experience, I will be in a high school. I do have a busy schedule this semester, but it is not as busy as last semester. I'm still working on the newspaper staff, and writing is still fun for me.

I am going on a mission trip at the end of May, and I'm thinking about knitting and crocheting scarves and hats to raise money for my trip. I have to have a certain amount of money by the first of February, and I know I won't have it, but God teaches me to trust him everyday that he will help me raise this money. I know I'm going on this trip for God's glory, so I know that he will provide.

I've been back in town for over a week now, and it doesn't even feel like I was gone for almost five weeks. I love not having a roommate, but sometimes it does get lonely. I miss having someone hug me everyday and tell me that they love me, like it was at home. But on the other hand, I have the freedom to do what I want in my room without having to ask anyone. So there are pros and cons, but I'm learning to love it.

It snowed here yesterday, but I ended up getting around to go to a birthday party today so it wasn't too bad. I'm going to church tomorrow at a new church that is a church plant off of a city about thirty minutes from here. The college ministers from the church I've gone to for about a year moved to this church, so I'm excited to try it out. I love the college ministers. I've been at their house a lot lately. Their door is always open, and they are so awesome; some of the most loving people I've ever met.

Well, not a lot more to share. God keeps showing me how much he loves me and how wonderful his plan is for me. I grow to love him more everyday.

I hope this next week is good for you. Until next time.

2 comments:

Lea said...

Hey Jana! Good to hear from you. It sounds like you are going to have an interesting and fun semester. The teaching internship sounds like it will be very interesting. I bet you will really enjoy it.

When do you plan to go home next? We will look forward to seeing you sometime soon. Love you bunches!

Lea said...

p.s. Wish I was there to give you a big hug!