Monday, January 25, 2010

Starting Anew

I read my Bible last night and came across this verse in Psalms. It reads, "Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare" (Psalm 40:5).

I really like this verse because it reassures me that even though my little ole life seems to just poke along sometimes, I can be reassured that the things God planned for me in the beginning of time are too numerous for me to even try to count. It's unfathomable.

College....
Classes.....
When I will graduate.......

Marriage.....
Who it will be......
When it will be......

Job.....
What job I will actually get.....
Where it will be......

Money.....
Will I have enough of it......
Will I let it control me......

Time.....
How fast will time go before any of this happens.........
Where has the time already gone......

Love.....
Will I find a man who will truly love me......
Do I even know what true love is......

God knows that all of these things float around in my head all the time. He should; he put them there. Yes, the waiting is hard. It always has been. But through that waiting comes patience, strength, endurance, consistency, and so many other qualities that I haven't learned yet because I still wait.

But it's okay because God has a plan. I think about that sometimes and marvel at the fact that God knows exactly what is going to happen to me minute by minute for the rest of my life. And not only does he just know that about me, but he knows that about everyone. He's a pretty busy God. But I'm sure glad he does know.

More than anything right now, God asks me just to slow down and hear him speak to me. He wants to show me what that true love is and to know that in his arms, no other love matters but his. He will never break my heart; he will never disappoint. He will never leave me; he will never forget to call. He loves with a kind of love that I have only slightly glimpsed.

Well, that said, classes were good today. I only had two. I'll have three more tomorrow, and then I'll have a better scope to how the semester will go. It's just so nice to be back. I love being home with the family, but being back and being on my own is wonderful. And I have a room to myself this semester so that is nice too.

Now that I've written half my life story I will say goodbye. Until the next time.

1 comment:

Lea said...

Hi Jana,

Talked to your mom about you today. Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and will be praying for you. You have your priorities right and you are very wise for your age. Hang in there and God will answer all of your questions in His perfect timing. Each step between then and now is an opportunity to learn and grow into the person He wants you to be before He can reveal the next step in His plan for your life. I love you and miss you bunches. Hoping this semester will be a fun and happy one for you (and relatively stress free:).