Friday, August 26, 2011

Just a little lonely

All summer I was surrounded by people. Be that campers, staffers, chaperones from churches, or the campground staff we worked with. I was almost constantly doing something with a bunch of people. I grew very close with the staff, especially. They were my family.

Now, I'm back at school figuring out how to go through my day without a group of thirty high-schoolers at my back or a team of staffers around me.

I realize today as I sit in this quiet newspaper office in this cubicle that I am lonely. I guess it took me almost three weeks of not being at camp to realize that. Most of what I do during the day at school I do on my own. Not because I don't want to be sociable but because not everyone has to do what I need to do, much unlike camp.

So if you think about it, lift up a prayer for me that I might find my company and my comfort in the Lord. And that maybe he would send some company my way on the earth as well. I know I'm not lonely because I have the Lord. And the Lord was with me in California. But he's the only thing I had in California that I still have here. Everything else that I had is gone.

Until next time,
God Bless

1 comment:

Lea said...

Aw, I'm sorry you are feeling lonely today. It is hard sometimes to get back into the groove of a routine when things have been so very different for the summer. I hope you will find your groove soon and also some comfort in the Lord and with some good friends. I will pray for you. I miss you and love you lots!