Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Just 10 more days of freedom.

School starts in 10 days. Ugghh!! I want to be a senior, don't get me wrong, but it feels like I haven't even had a summer. It's gone by so fast.

Being a senior does have its advantages though. When school starts, I'll be able to park in senior parking. I'll only have four hours (meaning I'll get out at noon, Hooray!!). And the most awesome thing about it is that it's my last year of school, in my town anyway. I'll then be going off to college.

I am very happy that I'll only have four hours. And really two of those hours are band, so it's not like I have a very hard schedule. But for the past three years of high school, I have really pushed myself. I think I deserve a break before college.

I'm here at my aunt's until Saturday. Hopefully, on Saturday my dad and I are supposed to go on a date. We'll probably see a movie and go to dinner. Then, I'll be home for my magical two days and I'll be back on the road again. It seems like everywhere I've gone this summer, I've been home for two days, then back on the road. It's kind of funny.

The best thing about being gone this much though is because I had prior engagements, I don't have to go to any before school band practices. This probably doesn't thrill my band instructors any, but this is my last year and they can get over it. I chose to stay in band, and if they can't be satisfied with that, then boo hoo.

My little cousins are keeping me busy. They're so cute and fun though. I love them. I'm so glad I got to come down and help my aunt and play with the boys. My aunt is getting better. She still gets tired quick and she's still a little achey, but not as bad as she was.

Please pray for my grandma. She's undergoing chemo right now for breast cancer. She hasn't been doing too well. My mom has been staying with her a lot. Please pray for my entire family. Thank you so much.

Well, I guess I'll wrap it up. My aunt left some stuff for me to do while she goes to the grocery store. (just joking aunt Lea.) But really, I need to do something.

I'll talk more later.

3 comments:

ChandraJoy said...

Hey Jana! Almost starting you senior year...wow! I pray that yours does not drag on like mine did, but then again you shouldn't have all the famiy induced drama that I had! The only C I made in high school was my last semester, because I had senioritis bad, that and my Algebra II teacher was more concerned about her computers than teaching us algebra. ANYWAY! I hope you enjoy the remainder of your free time. I really hope you have a nice date with your dad too!

Lea said...

I hope your date with your dad was fun (and not too hot) and that you enjoyed your lunch and the movie. You'll have to let us know what you thought of the movie.

Hopefully your senior year will be a lot of fun and not as much work as you have had the past couple of years. I agree that you need a break before college. You'll also have to make sure that you don't plan too much into your summer before college, although I know you did not plan to stay two weeks with us:). We really appreciated it though. You were a huge help and I could not have done it without you. We'll all miss you!

Lea said...

...and thanks for the sweet letter you left us!