Thursday, August 2, 2007

This Week has Gone by Fast!!!

I've been here at my aunt's this week helping her with her two little boys. It's been kind of hard on her because she was in the hospital for four days, and now she's really weak. She can't really play with the boys, but yet they are still so clingy and wanting to be on her all the time.

I came down here Monday night. I can't believe that tomorrow will be Friday. That doesn't seem possible. I'm having fun, though. I love my aunt and uncle and their two little cuties. I'm glad that I got to come down, 1) because Lea really needed the help, and 2) because I haven't been able to come down by myself since she's had the boys. I've really enjoyed it.

Being here with my aunt has made me think a lot about how I will raise my children someday. I've always wondered if I have the gene to have twins because I've always wanted twins. My mom is a twin so it could happen. But now I'm not so sure if I want twins. Not that I don't love my cousins. I just don't know if I could handle two little ones all the time. I admire my aunt a lot, especially at her age. Props to you, Aunt Lea. I don't know if I could do it. But God always says that He will never give us anything we can't handle. I guess if it's His will, I could do it. Oh yeah, I remember (slaps myself on forehead), I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I have played a lot with the boys the last two days. Yesterday, I was making spaghetti for Lea while she was taking a break. The boys were on their learning tower next to the counter playing with sponges and water in some bowls. They loved it. They entertained themselves so well. They did get water everywhere, but that's really not that messy. Plus, it gave Lea some very needed "mommy alone" time. Then, they went into the library and started playing with books. Well, since I am not a mommy, I do not have the ears that most mommies do. I was standing in the kitchen chopping chicken just off in my own little world, and all of a sudden, I realize that it is completely silent. (I figured out that is never a good sign, unless their sleeping.) They had found "big people" books and had strewn them all over the floor in a corner behind the love seat. I told them "no" and pointed them back in the direction of their books.

Then, today, we played outside. They played in the sandbox, and after I cleaned out their pool, they went for a swim. If you really call it a swim. It was more like, "Let's sit in water and play with toys and get Jana wet." But they had fun and that's all that matters. The water felt good anyway. It was hot. After they swam, they wanted to swing and go down the slide. They did that for about twenty minutes before B finally wanted to come in. N didn't want to at first, but he finally agreed when he realized he would be left behind if he did not follow. We finally went back inside.

The boys are so cute. I can't wait for them to get old enough so they can talk with us and really understand us. I know Lea doesn't want this quite yet because she wants them to stay young as long as possible. But still, growing up is part of the process.

Like I said earlier, I've learned a lot this summer. I thought my learning was over after the mission trip. I guess it wasn't. I guess we never stop learning even if we're just playing with a couple of one year olds.

No comments: