Tuesday, July 31, 2007

On the road again!!

Well, this summer has been quite the adventure for me. Let me give you a run-down on what I've done.

The week after school got out, I went to Girls State and was there for a week. I was home one day after school got out before I left.

Six days after I got back from Girls State, I left for my D.C. trip. I was gone for six days.

Two days after I got home from D.C., I left to go live with my great-grandma. I was home periodically throughout my month with her, but for the majority I was down there.

I was home one day from my great-grandma's before I went on my mission trip to Chicago. I was gone for nine days.

I got home from my Chicago trip three days ago. I was home two days before I came down to Tulsa to stay with my aunt Lea. She got sick last Saturday and was in the hospital for four days. I'm probably going to stay down here for about two weeks until she fully recuperates and to help with the boys.

When I get home from Tulsa, we have a trip planned for Springfield to help one of my best friends move into college in Bolivar. I won't even be home a full day before school starts. We'll get home the 16th of August and school starts the 17th.

Now don't get me wrong, I like to travel. God has definitely blessed me this summer. It's just gone by so fast. I have forgotten what it feels like to be lazy and swim and shop. Now I'm going to be a senior, and I'm graduating in less than a year. Man, that's crazy. I do have good news though. I passed my AP English Language test which means that I don't have to take comp 1. That means I have three hours underneath my belt. One class I won't have to take. Hopefully, next year the same thing will happen with comp 2.

I have learned so much this summer. Yes I have learned about leadership, our country's capitol, and stories from my great-grandma. But I've also learned more about God than I would've at 5 church camps. The mission trip blew any camp, especially Falls Creek, out of the water. I've learned more about trusting God and having faith in Him. I've learned more about humility. I've learned how important and vital my quiet time is everyday. I've learned not to complain and have more patience.

God is so good. There's no doubt about that. He's my true love and my first love, and that's all I have to say.

1 comment:

ChandraJoy said...

WoW! You have been really busy this summer! My daddy called me today and told me that Lea had been in the hospital, but he wasn't sure what for. I'm glad that you are there and able to help out. Tell her that I am thinking of her and that she is in my prayers. You are such a great girl and I hope that Allisyn will look up to as an example as she grows up! Love you!