Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm ready to get the show on the road.

So I'm here at college, and for the first four days, they have this thing called Welcome Week. It's supposed to be something to make the transition from home to college easily. I just think they want to keep us feeling like the little guy even more. We're in these groups and we have group leaders and all this stuff. It's a little church campy. I guess it's okay. I'm just glad it's not like that all year long. Monday classes start and Welcome Week will be over. Last night was my first night in the dorm, and I slept wonderfully. I woke up thinking I was at home in my bed, but then I had to remember that I was really at college. That will definitely take some getting used to.

We had to take this test today to basically what we know and what we remember from high school. Afterward, I met a few of my professors. I also got to talk to a student here who is a Senior. She is involved with this thing in this town called KLife. It's a ministry that college students get to invest their lives in the lives of Middle and High School students. Since I have surrendered to work with teenage girls, I really want to get involved with this. The girl I talked to also shares my passion for teen girls. I'm so excited I met her. She's going to help get me involved and she is also a English major. What do you know? It's a God thing.

The people here at the school are so friendly. I also met two other girls, one a sophomore, one a junior, and they are really sweet. They are two of my group leaders. The sophomore took me over the library today before lunch. She's also an English major and she works at the library. She's really sweet, and she's a twin.

I haven't taken any pictures yet, but they are soon to come. I want to show you my dorm room and I'll take some with my roommate. We're both in our room right now waiting for our next activity that starts in around an hour. I love having breaks in between stuff. I know I will be getting in a lot of naps this year.

I just need prayer right now for my family and for me. Keep my parents and brother in your prayers and keep me in your prayers. I want to know God's will for my life, His plan for me. I want to have an open heart and mind to understand it when it is revealed and to follow it.

I'll talk more later.

2 comments:

Lea said...

Hi Jana! So good to hear how things are going. I'm glad that you like it there so much and that you are so looking forward to starting classes. I know you are going to love going to college. It's such a wonderful time in life. Enjoy it while it lasts because it goes by oh so fast, in retrospect.

Can't wait to see your pictures!
Much love,
Aunt Lea

Jana H said...

Thanks, Lea. love you too.