Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And it has begun!!

So I had my first day of classes yesterday, and my second day was today. They are all pretty good so far. I'm definitely going to have to start remembering stuff for College Algebra. I'm really going to have to study in there.

Composition 2 I think will be all right. I will have to write two major essays and two major research papers. It's basically just a bunch of reading and writing, but that's what I love to do.

I have this class called University Seminar. It's not a hard at all. It's like a class to help me transition into college smoothly and develop good study habits. It's gonna be easy.

I'm also in a class called Spiritual Formation that is a requisite for graduation, but I also think it will be a fun class. I have to read one book and do a reflection paper over it. I've already started the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldridge. It's good so far. Then I have to read one more book, but no paper over it. Then we are assigned different parts of the Bible to read and we have to do a project called My Spiritual Story. I think I'm really going to like that class.

And I'm in a class called Physical Fitness and Wellness. And on Thursday I get walk/run a mile and a half. I'm not really looking forward to that. But I think the class as a whole will be good for me because I'm dreading putting on the freshman 15, and we have to keep track of how much we exercise and such. I went to a work out class yesterday and let me just tell you, I am very sore today.

Then my last class I had today was American Government and Politics. The professor is absolutely hysterical. He has ADHD, and he told us that today. But he's great. I think I'm really going to like that class.

Well, that's kind of an overview of my classes. I have two on Mondays and Wednesdays, four on Tuesdays and Thursday, and one class on Fridays. I can't wait to sleep in on Friday. My class isn't until noon!! Yeah!!

I'm slowly but surely adjusting to living on campus and being away from home. It's still weird, as I'm sure it will be for a long time. But I'm not homesick like I thought I would be. I've made so many new friends already. And today when I was walking back to my room after government, these three big ole football players started talking to me. I love how no one here knows me. No one here cares who I was in high school or where I came from. Two of them were freshman and one was a sophomore, but they were so nice to talk to. They were black, but I'm discovering just how awesome God is that he created that race of people. They are so different and fun.

Well, dinner is calling and my tummy is hearing it. I guess I'll write back later.
For now,
Jana

1 comment:

Lea said...

Thanks so much for posting about your classes. It is so interesting to hear what classes you are taking and what you will be doing in each of them. Almost makes me feel like that I get to talk to you a little bit, although not quite as good as a talk:). You need to take some pics of your dorm from the outside and maybe some pics of some of the buildings on campus where you will be taking your classes. It's nice to be able to picture it.

I am so happy that you are enjoying it so much and meeting so many new people. It is going to be an awesome experience for you.

You mom and MaMa are coming to visit us tomorrow. The boys are very excited. They have a play date on Friday and then our friends from Kansas City will arrive on Saturday and stay until Monday. Monday afternoon I will pick Aubrey up from the airport. I took her today to catch her flight for her LA mission trip.

Better go...this is turning into a letter:). Much love to you dear niece.
Lea