Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change

I woke up this morning with a new President. I had planned on staying up and watching all the election coverage, but we found out at ten pm last night, so I didn't have to stay up until 3am after all.

When I first opened my eyes this morning, I was mad and angry that my choice of president did not succeed, as I'm sure were many. I did not vote for Barak Obama, and I don't support a lot of the things he does. But one thing still remains: He is still going to be the President of the United States come January 20. I can't change that. This country is still going to be the USA regardless of who the President is. Not to say I'm endorsing Barak Obama, but I know that God is in control. When 9/11 occurred the people of this great nation came together under one ringing mantra: God Bless America. I think we need to revisit this mantra but tweak it just a little: America Get on Your knees Before God. This is no time to bash the candidate we didn't want in the White House. It's time to pray like we never have before in our lives. As a follower of Christ, I know that the end times are not going to improve or get better. Maybe this is one of the changing of the times. Only God knows. That is where my hope lies. Not in the US of A, not in Barak Obama, and not in Congress; it lies in God. Even though I may have a new president, thank goodness my God is still the same.

So when Inauguration Day, January 20, 2009, rolls around, I will probably watch as history is made: the first Inauguration of an African American President of the USA. It will be something I can tell to my kids and grand kids someday. History is history, I don't care what color you are. And for the next four years, I will be doing something I should've been doing for a long time. I will be praying for our great nation and its new leader. Change has come to America. I don't know if I'm talking about the same change Obama is, but change has certainly come. I hope in four years, Americans will have seen a better change, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. The only thing I would bet my life on is that, like I stated earlier, the One in charge will never change. He knew this would happen long before the Race to 2008 ever began. It is time to trust and pray.

I'm preaching to myself on a lot of this because I don't want to accept Barak Obama as my new president. But it's going to happen. Maybe there will be another change in four years....

......Did I hear someone say "Palin 2012"?

2 comments:

Lea said...

Very well said Jana. Very well said.

ChandraJoy said...

That is well put. (((HUGS))) Sweetie. Thanks for all the comments on the pictures. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!