Monday, November 3, 2008

St. Louis....

...was a blast. I had a lot of fun. The three and a half hour ride was a beautiful one. My roommate and I just couldn't get over all the beautiful colors we saw. Let me give you just a little overview of the weekend.


On Friday night when we arrived, we surprised Katlyn's mom and family. They had no idea she was coming except her brother. Her mom didn't even know who it was at first because she walked up wearing a penguin hat. It was really funny. We ate dinner...which was amazing. (I'm still full from it.) There was so much food. Two kinds of chili and a vegetable soup. There was spinach artichoke dip, egg rolls, and tons and tons of other food. It was all very good.












Then on Saturday her dad, mom, brother and us all went downtown to a place called Fitz's. It's kind of like a hamburger joint, but they're famous for their own kind of root beer. I didn't have any because I don't really like root beer, but I did have the cream soda. It was really good. And I had my first burger in like three months which was very good as well. After that we went browsing around some shops, and then we headed to the St. Louis zoo. It's actually free so I didn't have to worry about spending money there. It was really neat. We saw a lot of penguins and other animals, but we didn't stay very long.




This is Katlyn and me standing with the cardboard cast from HSM3. And we're nineteen? yes...we are!







We went back to my roomie's house after the zoo to eat a little something before we went to see High School Musical Three. We saw it at the Mega Screen, and it was amazing. It was really cute. After we saw the movie, we went to the Cheesecake Factory. I was going to order the Tuxedo cheesecake, but I ended up gettting this thing called Adam's Ripple which had peanut butter cups and butterfinger pieces in it and it was just really good. Next time I go back, I'm trying the Tuxedo.
This is Katlyn and me posing with our luscious pieces of cheesecake.









Then yesterday we went to Katlyn's church. We ate lunch, shopped at Old Navy for a little while, and then we headed back to her house to pack. At around four o'clock we headed back to the good old college town. I had a lot of fun. And then this weekend, I'm going home to see our last home football game!! I can't wait. Well, I better get off of here and start doing some wonderful college algebra homework.


Make sure you vote tomorrow!!!!

3 comments:

Katlyn said...

Nice pics roomie! I'm super glad you had a good time and that my family didn't scare you too much! :) Luv ya!

Jana H said...

No, your family didn't scare me. They were fun.

Lea said...

Sounds like a blast! Glad you all had a fun time.