Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Just a Rainy Day!

I've been meaning to take some more pictures of the campus and of the dorm I live in, but today it is pouring rain. I'm sure the weather from the hurricanes and tropical storms hasn't helped any. I was in the Science and Math building earlier after my last class in a skirt and flip flops, so I called my roommate who graciously drove down there and picked me up. That was so sweet of her. We are both now laying on our beds in hoodies trying to warm up. The rain is cold. I was going to go to Wal-Mart as well, but I'm going to wait until it quits raining. I've got stuff I can do to keep me occupied in here for awhile.

College is going well. I've made a lot of friends. One girl in particular and me have just hit it off. She's an awesome Christian girl who has never had a boyfriend and she's never been kissed either. We know what the other is going through, but more than that we can talk and laugh together about everything. She's a Godsend. I love her to death.

My roommate and I and one of our friends down the hall stayed up last night and watched a movie. I didn't end up going to sleep until around one o'clock, but I just had a nine o'clock class today so that wasn't too bad. I went with one of my friends to visit her grandparents in Springfield last weekend. It was good to see them, but I was very glad to get back to my room. It's funny after just a week, seeing my room is such a comfort and a place of rest. There for a little while, I felt like I was at church camp and that I would be going home in a week. And I will be going home in two weeks, but not to stay. It's just all kind of weird right now. But I know I'll get used to it as time goes by.

They offer twenty-three workout classes a week here at the college. I went to two last night. The first one was cardio step, and then following that one was a Pilate's class. I feel so good today. I drank a lot of water last night, so I'm not sore today. I'm so glad they offer the classes. The instructor is so nice.

Well, I will try to post some pictures later when it's not raining.
I'll write more when I can.
Jana

1 comment:

Lea said...

Good to hear from you and glad to hear that things are going well and you are making some great friends. That's wonderful! You sound like you are settling in quite well.

Love you and miss you bunches!