Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Poor Mr. Shrivels







So about a week ago, I carved a pumpkin that has sat in front of our door in the hall. The pumpkin carving was an activity between three different halls here in the dorm. It was really fun, but my roomie pointed out yesterday that our pumpkin looked like it had seen better days. She was right. I took a look yesterday and I discovered that it was shriveling and molding. I told her we needed to have a funeral service for it, but instead we just took pictures of it. I went to pick it up today, and I guess I didn't know that pumpkins get mushy when they get old. This one was definitely mushy and gross. I hope you enjoy the pictures. We named it Mr. Shrivels.

My roomie has invited me to go to St. Louis with her this weekend. That's where she's from, and she's going home for Halloween and she's going to surprise her parents because they don't know she's coming. I'm excited. It's been like seven or eight years since I've been to St. Louis. We're supposed to go the Cheesecake Factory and we're going to see High School Musical 3 on the mega screen. We opted to wait to see it this weekend instead of last. I don't know what else we'll do, but I know it will be tons more fun than hanging around here all weekend. Then I'll be here for one week, and then I'm going home. At my high school, it's the last football game, our rival game, the light show that the band puts on, and it's senior night. I can't wait. So far our team is 8-0, and we're hoping for a 10-0 season. We went 9-1 last year so I hope they can do it.

My two tests for the week are over, and I'm so happy. So for the rest of the semester, I only have five classes instead of six. That means that my Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are going to be very boring because I will only have one class. Oh, well, I won't complain because next semester I'm going to be taking eighteen hours. I'll enjoy my free time while I can.
Well, I will talk more later. Please be in prayer for our nation and the elections. And if I don't post again before Friday...Happy Halloween!!!

No comments: