Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland!!

So Sunday night, it iced and snowed here. I, of course, was not awake when it happened, but if I had to guess it iced first and then it snowed. The ice and snow just kind of froze together and Monday morning all of the sidewalks and roads and anything cement was covered in a layer of frozen ice and snow. I have never experienced anything like it in my life. Then last night it snowed again, but thankfully there was no ice. So now we have a layer of ice and snow frozen together with a layer of snow on top of that. It's just wonderful. And might I add that it's absolutely freezing, but that goes without saying. I think Monday morning it was eleven degrees, but with the wind chill it felt around zero.

I had to drive to the bank today, and I did all right. The parking lots are still covered in ice, but the main roads are clear. My mom said that my brother was out of school yesterday, and I wonder if they were out again today. The school system here was out yesterday and today.

What I hope is that it begins melting tomorrow and that by Thursday it's clear so I can leave on Thursday and not on Friday.

I had a friend who told me that it didn't snow here, it iced. I didn't believe her at first, but now I do. My friend Tarah was driving out to her house yesterday and did two spins as in full circles on her road because it was so slippery.

Anyway, I hope if it is icy and snowy where you are that you are staying warm and that you are careful.

I also had my first final today and that went rather well. I was done in around thirty minutes. Tomorrow I don't have anything, but Thursday I have two finals. Then I leave for my five week break. I'm so excited.

I'll post more later.

2 comments:

Lea said...

Yep, we got ice too but it sounds like your probably got more. We went out to the store this evening in the van (all of us) and it took us many tries to finally get back up our drive way. Paul went outside and put cat litter on the driveway after that.

Glad your final went well and hope the others do too. Hopefully everything will be cleared up by the time you are ready to leave. I have heard rain but much warmer on Thursday, like in the 60's, around here.

Jana H said...

That's good. The last thing I want is bad weather when I'm coming home, but I think it will be okay. I also found out that I got either a 100 or a 98 on my government final. I was very happy. I mean it wasn't a hard final. The one I'm the most worried about is my college algebra final. (fun, fun) But I can make a 78 and still keep an A so that's good too. Anyway, I can't wait to see you and I hope you get to feeling better. I'm sorry you're hoarse. Give my love to the boys.