Friday, December 5, 2008

The Weekend's Here

So tonight there may be a movie night in my room. I may be having a few girls over to my room and we might make chocolate covered pretzels with white almond bark. We may watch some Audrey Hepburn movies and enjoy being lazy. It's still really cold here, but at least today it is sunny. Yesterday my friend Tarah and I went to the park. I had some old bread that wasn't moldy, but I didn't want to eat it anymore. So we went to the park and gave the ducks and geese and swans some bread. We were barely out of the car when they started charging us. They knew we had bread and they knew we were going to give it to them. They were chasing us. It was so funny. We went back to the park when it turned dark to drive through the park because it's decorated with Christmas lights and decorations. It was so pretty. They did a really good job of decorating it.

Tomorrow I have to study for a test I have on Tuesday. I need to read some books, well actually finish them. Then tomorrow night OU plays Mizzou. Go OU. I want to see them make it to the championship so badly. But since OU is number 2 and Mizzou is number 20, I'm leaning toward OU. There is also a basketball game here tomorrow night, so I might so to that too. I'm not sure.

This week went pretty good. I think I'm actually understanding college algebra a little bit more. At first, this new section we started was a little overbearing. I was pretty upset last night, but today in class cleared things up.

Next week there's a ton of Christmas activities going on here. I'm really excited. The highlight of the week has to be the Shane & Shane Christmas tour that will be here on Wednesday. Phil Wickham and Bethany Dillon will also be here. I can't wait. I love all of those artists so much.

I've just been praying that God will give me the extra strength and patience to get through these last two weeks of school. I want to be done so bad. I know he will though for he is so good. Even though "my flesh and my heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart, my portion forever" (Psalm 73:26). I love that verse so much. I've been reading in Psalms and I found that one the other day.

Well, stay warm and enjoy the Christmas season, but don't forget about the meaning.
God Bless.

2 comments:

Lea said...

So when will you head home for Christmas? Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Jana H said...

I'll be heading back the 18th. My last final is over at 12:30pm, so I should be home by like three hopefully. Then I'll be home for like 5 weeks. I can't believe that it's that long. I do need to call you about maybe coming to visit you and bringing Tarah. It would be later in January after Dasha leaves and before we go back. But I will call you and talk about it. I'll talk to you later.