Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ever had one of those days that just wasn't your day? ...Well, this one was mine.

It started out raining. That wasn't too bad because it rained yesterday too. But today was colder. I don't know why, but it was.

I didn't fix my hair or wear make-up because yesterday I did and the rain ruined it. And any girl knows that when you don't fix your hair or make-up your self-esteem just isn't as high on those days. It's a weird thing.

So I went to Spiritual form and that was good. But when I went to English, it wasn't so good. We got back a quiz that I made a hundred on (okay that was good), but when we took a quiz today, I think I missed at least two, but we had a bonus. But there were only four problems on the quiz. I was praying the whole time. So that didn't do much to lift my spirits.

Then I went to physical fitness and wellness. And according to my results from pretest compared to the national average, I am obese. That absolutely sent me to the ground. I'm never eating anything again. No not really, but it really woke me up. He said the two major things to look at were our results from the 1.5 mile walk/run and our body fat percentage. Let's just say I didn't too hot on either. And let's just say that I will be avoiding sweets for a long time and getting my oversized butt to the gym more often.

And then...(oh yes, there's more) after my last class I was getting ready to go to Wal-Mart when my truck decided it wanted to not start. It was just clicking. That made me so mad because a week ago today I had new battery cables put in it which cost me forty dollars. So I called the guy and he came and looked at it and told me to go to Wal-Mart and have them put a new battery in it. I finally got it started and drove it to Wal-Mart. The new battery ended up costing $70 since the warranty was only good for four stinkin' dollars. And when I was coming out of Wal-Mart to get in my truck and put groceries in it, the guy turned it off. When I tried to turn it back on, it still wouldn't start. Talk about mad. They finally got it started and recommended that I take it back to where I had it before and get a new starter.

A new starter is going to cost me $110. I'm not too happy. Thankfully the parentals are going to pay me back since how I will now have spent over $200 on this thirteen year old truck. Poor thing.

And when I got back to my room, I noticed that my cute little white comfy pants had two brown spots on them. That didn't thrill me either.

So let's summarize, shall we. I'm an obese college student with a truck that won't start (oh and I'm poor) and my pants are no longer white. I think that about does it. I just love my life.

I'll report more later. And let's hope next time, I'm a little happier. I guess God has funny ways of testing our faith.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

lol you are far from obese. But you're still funny ;)