Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Weekend and some more

Well, my weekend at home went well, although coming back was quite the adventure.

I saw my little brother's puppy, and she is very cute. My friend and I had fun, but on our way out of my hometown we got to a little town about fifteen to twenty minutes from where I live to fill up gas. This is the town my mom grew up in. Anyway, we pulled into this gas station, and everyone is pointing to the flat tire I have on the front right side of my truck. I wasn't too happy.

So I called my dad, and he was there in like twenty minutes, but before he got there, there were these two burly guys who helped me change it. I did get the spare down though. And I had muddy shorts to prove it. And because my tools are in underneath the back seats in my truck, all the stuff we had loaded in the backseats had to be rearranged and switched and everything. We had planned on leaving at three and we didn't end up leaving until three forty-five. We put air in the spare and finally we left. My mom said a prayer with us before we left. We should've said a prayer at our house and maybe I wouldn't have gotten that flat. Oh well.

So today I go to have my tire fixed, and I find out it can't be fixed. I was told by the people who I've taken my truck to the four times since I've been here to go to Wal-Mart and get two new front tires and get the back tires put on the front so the new ones would have good traction on the back.

I ended up spending $187 to get two new tires put on plus warranties and guarantees and all that jazz.

I guess the good thing about my day was that I went and filled out an application to be a volunteer at a pregnancy resource center here. My parents probably won't be thrilled to know it's a volunteer position, but I have to have volunteer hours for one of my scholarships. They'll just have to get over it. I've wanted to do this for a long time.

So now, I'm here in my room eating lasagna that mom made this weekend. She gave my friend and me some to take back to our rooms. It's very good.

Sunday night when we got back, there was a meeting I went to for one of the ministries I'm involved in. During the meeting, we had a prayer time, and I started missing my family a whole lot. I think saying goodbye the second time was harder than the first. I hope they don't keep getting harder. But I will be here for another month before I go home so hopefully next time will be easier. But anyway, during this prayer meeting, I just started crying. I ended up crying for like an hour and luckily my friend who went home with me was there and she prayed with me and talked to me. It was a hard night. I ended up wearing sweats to class the next day. I allow myself one grungy day a week and yesterday was mine.

Well, I've got stinkin college algebra to do and I've got to get online and work on yearbook before my cardio step and Pilate's classes. I just love college.
I'll write more later.

No comments: