Saturday, September 6, 2008

Oh My Gosh...The Past Two Days Have Been So Much Fun!!!

So Friday I saw my first live football game of the season and it was so much fun. The high school team here won, and one of the guys I had met earlier in the week that played on the team caught one of the touchdown passes and it was so exciting. After the game, we (I say we, I mean me and my new friend Tarah) headed for a bonfire. It was down by this creek, but we weren't going to stay for very long because we had to take Tarah's younger sister home. Well, we were getting ready to leave, and this truck blows a tire on a one way bridge in front of us. So we were stuck behind this truck for an hour and a half because the truck was using Tarah's car's headlights. They were having trouble getting the spare tire down. My dad had taught me how to change a tire before I left for college, but I never thought I would have to help a bunch of guys. I thought I was going to help them get it down, but Ford makes their trucks really weird. It turns out they were missing a part that had been in the glove compartment the whole time.

After that, Tarah and I headed to Wal-Mart and bought some food before going back to our dorms. We didn't get back until one o'clock. But it was tons of fun.


Then today there was supposed to be like four of us girls going over to Tarah's for lunch and a movie, but it ended up being just me and Tarah and we stayed longer than just one movie. We ended up watching three. Her parents made lunch and it was so good. Way better than cafeteria food here. They made pasta with this really good chicken, tomatoes, green beans and her mom made brownies for dessert. Her mom also let me do my laundry there. God has definitely blessed me so far in not having to pay for laundry. And next weekend I'm going home, yea!!, so I'll get free laundry there too.


So we watched three movies and then went to Wal-Mart and bought pads and tampons together. It was really fun. I don't think I've ever bought those with another girl before but I think Tarah was glad I was there. We used the self-checkout things because we were kind of embarrassed. Can you believe it? We're college girls and we're still embarrassed about that.


Next weekend, Tarah is going home with me and she's going to the football game with me. I'm going to show her all around my hometown and we're going to have so much fun.


Oh, and by the way, my truck didn't end up costing me as much as I thought it was going to. He is so faithful.


These are picture of us from the football game. We had so much fun. I will update later, and hopefully, I will have pictures of the campus. Talk later. Jana

2 comments:

Lea said...

Sounds like a fun weekend and I'm glad you have already made a great friend...or many good friends:). Your pictures are cute.

When are you guys coming home and returning? Just curious. I enjoy reading your blog and hearing about your life there. Thanks for posting:).

Much love to you, dear niece.

Jana H said...

Lea, we are coming home the twelfth and we are returning the fourteen after church. Thanks for the comments. I enjoy hearing from you.
Jana