Thursday, September 11, 2008

I really do, in a simple and honest way, love college.

So I've discovered that my favorite days of classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays. I do have to be to class by 8:30, but I absolutely love the classes I have. There's just something about college professors that is different from high school teachers. They actually do love their job. There not there just to earn money. They care about educating us. Some of my professors I could just sit and listen to all day long.

Tomorrow I'm going home. Today makes the third week I've been away from my parents. Odd that that falls on September 11. But anyway, I'm so excited to see my parents and my brother. I'm also bringing a friend home with me, so that will be fun too.

It's funny. As many times that I said I couldn't wait for college my senior year, I really do miss my hometown and my family. I'm slowly but surely getting used to it. At first it seemed like I would be going home sometime, but I'm getting used to being here. I really do love it. Everybody here is so nice. I can't say that this feels like my hometown because I'm still in the transition phase. But one of these days it will feel more like home. My hometown will always be my home, but this can be like my second home, if that makes any sense at all.

Well, I've gotta go work on some other stuff. I'll update when I get back from home.
Jana

No comments: