Sunday, September 28, 2008

Different...Wierd...College

College, so far in my life, is very different from anything else I've ever experienced. It's different from high school, different from living with my parents, and different from my normal course of life. Things are happening that I've never had to deal with before. Not big things, but issues that I have to look at and see where I stand. Not where my parents stand, but where I stand.

Different things have arose that before I've just kind blown off or not had to deal with. The more I'm here, though, I realize one very true and undeniable fact: God is the only constancy in my life. For a long time I thought my parents and friends were. But now, they're all gone. I'm not saying that we shouldn't depend on our parents and friends, but they won't always be right there everyday. I'm making new friends, but some day I may not see them everyday either. God just keeps telling me through different circumstances that He is the only who I can fully rely on 100% of the time. Faith plays a very big factor here.

I've been told that college freshman, especially females, change a lot their first year. I might have already mentioned this, I don't remember. But I can already tell I'm changing. I'm on my own and the choices I make now are more concrete and permanent than the ones I used to make.

Another thing I've realized is despite the fact that I used to absolutely want to get out of my home town so bad, I miss it so much. I miss my parents, my brother, my room, and everything about home. I miss all of my family and my cousin. I miss our old church. Things are just changing, and I'm not quite used to it. College is great, but I just didn't think I would miss home this much.

I'm happy, don't get me wrong. Things are just different. Well, I have to go to a meeting. I will write more later. Please pray for me.

1 comment:

Lea said...

Got my laptop back and am just catching up on all of your posts. I wish I could come up this weekend and see you too:). Maybe sometime soon the boys and I can come with Mom and Kathy to see you. That would be fun but we'll have to do it before it gets too cold or we'll have to wait until the spring. I'm not big on walking around campus when it's freezing outside:).

I can't believe you are turning 19 either!! Man!! Time sure has gone by fast. You're an amazing person. I wish I had known God like you do at your age....or even now:). Your faith is inspiring.

Much love
Lea