Friday, October 24, 2008

Burrr...The Weather Sure Is Different Up Here!!!

So this week I think the temperatures have slowly decreased with each passing day. I think today was the coldest day we've had so far. They finally turned the heaters on in the dorms. Last night, I was sitting in my room freezing because they hadn't turned them on yet, but the Lord must've heard my prayers because the heaters are roaring tonight.

Tomorrow, I'm going to the college football game to take pictures for yearbook. I'm only going to stay until halftime though because it will probably be cold. After that, one of my friends and me are going to a fun/bigger town about thirty minutes from here to shop and see a movie. She wants to see "Fireproof." I've already seen it, but I told her I would totally see it again. We're going to see a matinee to save money. Then we may go to the mall and maybe Barnes and Noble. We both love to read.

Then on Sunday, my roommate and I are going to try out a new church. After that we're also going to see a matinee of "High School Musical 3." It's kind of cheesy and I didn't want to see it at first, but I'm curious to see how it will be. It's rated G, so I know it won't be bad.

God has been blessing me so much lately. One, gas here is $2.09, and I haven't seen gas that cheap in forever. I love it. Second, my friend Tarah's mom wants me to do my laundry at their house all the time. She lives here in the college town, and just loves when I come over and do my laundry. So tonight we went over to Tarah's and watched TV and laid around. I love the weekends here. They are so slow-paced and relaxed. They're something to look forward to. The third thing is that (and this may sound a little weird) I've been trying to find a really good pair of jeans. I've put on a little weight recently, but my pride has been stopping me from buying a bigger size of jeans. I've been wearing my old ones that I can barely breathe in. So I went to the Maurice's here and I found a really good pair and they are so comfy. I wore them today, I'm going to wear them tomorrow, and I'll probably wear them Sunday. And they are long enough for me. Finding long jeans for a tall girl like me is sometimes a problem, but not these. The fourth thing God has blessed me with is that I got a 97% on my college algebra test that I took on Wednesday. I studied for an overall four hours, and it paid off. I was so happy.

It's funny. Before I went home last weekend for my birthday, I was thinking that I was going to have to wait for college to suit me. But I think my problem was that I wasn't focusing on what was happening here at college. I was thinking about my house and family back home. I kept thinking about how I was missing out on their lives. But this is a new time in my life that it's normal to break away and learn how to live somewhat independently. It's different, that's for sure, and no one prepared me for how hard it would be to leave home, but I can't keep looking back. I have to look forward and live each day abundantly, the way my Lord would want me to live. I'm making so many friends, doing so many things, and I'm learning to seek after God in a whole new way. Yes, I miss my friends and family and hometown, but God has a new plan for my life here. I keep thinking about Jeremiah 29:11. He has this awesome plan for me, and I have nothing to fear. When I go to enroll for second semester, I'm changing my major to undeclared. I will be taking more general education courses that will give me an idea of what I want to major in. I know I'll be in general psychology, and that is a possibility for a major. I was talking to a girl today at lunch who is in my college algebra class, and she told me she's a psych major. Later today, when I was back in the room, I thought about wanting to major in writing and being an author. That's what I want to do. That's almost the easy way out to me. That's almost like a past time. I love it, but I don't know if I could sit through all the literature classes and write all the papers for an English major. But I want to help people. Counseling, psychology, social work; I don't know, but this is when I know that God does. He knows everything and I can't wait to see what He's going to do.

Well, I've written quite a bit here and I'm getting kind of sleepy. I will update more later.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

OMG JANA!!!..u have no idea!!!...I was thinking of changing my major to psychology!!!!!!!!!!Just with everything that's happened within the past year..I want to help ppl, the way that some ppl have helped me!!..does that make sense??