Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Good News and Two More Days!!!

I found out today that I get to be a mentor at our local pregnancy resource center. When I first went to volunteer, they told me that college students couldn't be mentors. But one of my professors is on the board there, he petitioned for college students to be mentors, and now I will be the first college student to be a mentor. I'm really excited. I have to go through about a month of training, but I know it will be worth it.

I have a mid-term tomorrow and a paper due in the same class. But I have the paper done, although I still have quite a bit of studying to do for the exam. My dad called me today and we talked for around fifteen minutes. I really miss him. I haven't seen him in over a month, and if you didn't know, I am a major daddy's girl. He wants me to come home after my last class tomorrow so I could watch the football game with him in our town. (The football game is on a Thursday instead of a Friday because it's their fall break.) I told him I would love to except for the fact that I have college algebra on Friday and it would kill me if I skipped it. It's not really so hard, but if I missed one class I would miss a lot of information. I think we will both be glad when Thanksgiving break gets here.

I only have two more days before I go home, and I'm really excited. As soon as I drive into my town, I have to go straight to the tag office and get my driver's license renewed. It doesn't seem possible that it's already time for that. Talk about feeling old. I remember what I wore the day I got my driver's license the first time. Now I'm renewing it? What?

It's funny, every other year when I've had a birthday, I've counted down the days and anticipated it so much. But this year I haven't really cared. I think this is a sign that I'm really growing up. It's kind of weird, but I will grow in to growing up. It might take time, but sooner or later it will suit me.

Well, I've gotta go study for that mid-term. I'll share more later.

1 comment:

Lea said...

I think it suits you already, dear niece:). Can't wait to see you!