Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall...It's definitely here!!!






So I went to the park today. I took my book, my camera, my free McDonald's coffee that I was glad was free because it wasn't very good, and I went and stared in awe of the beauty of fall. The park in my college town is very beautiful. There is a pond in the middle of it and the trees are starting to turn the most gorgeous, breathtaking colors. It's wonderful.


I've been reading this book entitled Set-Apart Femininity. So far it's pretty much the best book I've ever read. It's written by Leslie Ludy, and she does a great job of showing what a real set-apart lifestyle for Christ looks like. I love it, and I'm almost done with it. But as I sat in the cool breeze with the beautiful trees overhead, I just couldn't help but praise God. I thought that if the scene around me was as beautiful as it was, how much more beautiful is God? I just loved it.


I'm thinking about changing my major. I guess I should say I'm praying about it. This last June, I surrendered to work with teenage girls. I have felt that call on my heart for a long time. But the more I've been thinking about it lately, the more I've realized that English and working with teenage girls don't really have a lot in common. For a long time, I didn't know what I wanted to do, but I told everyone that until God told me what he wanted me to do, I wanted to study English. But he hasn't told me what he wants me to do. I've just assumed he wants me to do that. I love to write, don't get me wrong, but is that what God wants me to do for the rest of my life? That's what I'm praying about. If I do end up changing my major, it will probably be toward the areas of psychology and counseling. I would love to be a high school counselor.


There are a lot of things I would like to do and I think until I take more of my basics it will just take me time to realize what it is I'm called to do. College has been so eye-opening for me already. And I've only been here a little over a month. That seems so hard to believe because it feels like I've been here forever.


Well, I'm gonna call it a night. I will write back soon.

2 comments:

Lea said...

Hi Jana!

Wow, sounds like you have been doing lots of thinking and praying lately. Good for you! I think you would make an exceptional counselor or physchologist, most especially if that is what you feel God is calling you to do. I am sure He will give you a direction in His perfect timing and, in the meantime, I am betting that the path you are on right now will likely merge quite nicely with His plans.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!
P.S. I can't believe you are turning 19 soon either!

Hannah said...

Those pics are gorgeous!