Wednesday, July 11, 2007

9 more days

So, in 9 more days, I leave for my mission trip in Chicago. I'm so excited. We're driving up there in two fifteen passenger vans.

Let me give you a run down of what we'll be doing.

We will be staying in the church that we are ministering to. It's called the Rose of Light Missionary Baptist Church. It's an African-American church. Sunday morning we get to attend church. They have a very long church service from what I've heard. An hour and a half for Sunday school, two hours for just the worship service, and then the sermon follows. We'll have quite the wake-up call, I'm sure.

Then, every morning, we will be holding VBS from 9-12 for the area children. On Monday after VBS, we will be painting and doing stuff for the church. In the evening, we will be going into the city to distribute food and working at the church's soup kitchen. I know I am not mature enough in the sense to distribute food in the city at night. I will be at the church.

Tuesday after VBS, we have to get out of the church because they have a Bible study that night. We will be going to Wrigley Field and all the stuff that surrounds it. We will also be going to the Field Museum.

Wednesday after VBS, we will be going to the Moody Bible Church.

Thursday we will be attending Uptown Baptist Church and the Navy Pier. Then Friday night is family night for the VBS. We will be driving home on Saturday.

What's so funny is that before I even knew about the mission trip, I wrote this story that included this girl who went to Chicago on a mission trip and worked in a soup kitchen.

Well, I'll talk later. Bye.

3 comments:

Lea said...

Wow, what a trip! You guys are going to be busy! I hope you have a great time and learn a lot.

...and Wow! What a church service! People here would not know what to think. That is really something. I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return.

ChandraJoy said...

Jana I am so excited for you! It sounds like you will have an awesome trip to do the Lord's work!

I can't wait to here all about it! I pray that you have an amazing trip!

I will come up with a step by step list on how to post a picture and I'll leave a message for you.

ChandraJoy said...

How to Post Pictures in your Blog!

1. Click the second to last icon on the top. When you scroll over it it says "Add Image"

2. If you are finding a picture from your computer you click the Browse button and go to the folder it is in.

3.Once you find your picture, you choose your layout and size option and then click Upload Image.

I have found it easier to upload all the pictures first, then type around them. If you want to move an image you just click on it and drag it to where you want it to go.
I hope this helps, if you have any more questions let me know and I'll try to answer them!