Monday, July 30, 2007

I love Chicago

Well, I got home from Chicago two days ago. I'm still lagging on sleep, but overall, it was an amazing trip. I would have stayed there with all the kids if it had not been for school starting and my family. It was so hard to leave those kids.

We traveled up there Friday and Saturday. Sunday we attended the church's worship and church service. I was in church for 6 1/2 hours last Sunday. It was awesome, though. I loved it.

Monday was the first morning of VBS. That went well. Then, that night, I got to go downtown and we fed the homeless. It was like we were in a city underneath the city.

This is where the homeless live. This is a section that the mayor has had fenced off because he is trying to run the homeless off.









Tuesday, we had VBS again in the morning. We were supposed to paint that afternoon, but the paint didn't come so we just kind of hung out around the church.


The six girls that are closest to me in this picture are older girls who I ended up spending a lot of time with. I had so much fun with them. Starting with the girl on the far left, their names are: Charnise, Jaslyne, the one behind me is Ebony, Shada, Destinee, and Michelle. They are all so sweet and fun.




Wednesday after VBS, we ended up prayer walking in the neighborhoods around the church. It was an awesome experience. Then we went to the Moody Church Prayer Meeting that night.



This is The Moody Church.











This is the sanctuary of Moody Church. It's beautiful. Elisabeth Elliot and her husband Jim had their first date at this church. I found out later after the prayer service that the pastor of the church went to Wheaton College, where Elisabeth and Jim went to college. Is God not a god of romance or what?









This is me on the roof of Moody Church. We got to see the lights of Chicago at night. It was beautiful.

















This is another view of Chicago from the roof of Moody Church.











Thursday, I was with the older girls again. I got to talk to them about Esther. Then we explained the ABC's of becoming a Christian. I had the opportunity to talk to one of the girls one on one. We read the story of Christ's crucifixion together. She had never heard it before. She ended up getting saved. Her name is Shada.









This is a picture of me and Shada on the day she got saved. I'll never forget it.








Thursday night, we went to the Navy Pier and Buckingham Fountain. They were both beautiful to see.








This is a picture of me at Navy Pier.












This is me in front of the Buckingham Fountain.







This is C.J. I met him on Saturday, and he was constantly at my side throughout the week. He's so cute. I didn't want to leave him, and he didn't want me to leave either. He was probably my favorite kid that I met all week.

Here's C.J. again. Isn't he cute?








This is me and Jasmine. She constantly wanted me to hold her and hug her. Needless to say, I didn't want to leave her either.






These are my girls. They are so beautiful. I miss them so much.






This is me and Lanaii. She was attached to me too. She didn't want me to leave either. It was hard to say goodbye.








Arileous is on the left, then me, then my little Tremel. She's so cute. Arileous forgot to smile, but he's still cute.









I wish I could post all my pictures, but I don't want to take the time to post all 263 of them. I took a lot of pictures. Well, I hope these pictures give you an insight into what we did. I was so blessed to get to go. I am so blessed that it's not even funny. I miss all those kids. I hope I get to go back next year. It would be great. Just remember one thing: don't ever take what you have for granted. Ever

1 comment:

ChandraJoy said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time! I know it is hard to leave the ones you get attached to, especially when you are doing the Lord's work. I hope you have tons of memories to look back on and smile! I'm proud of you!