Saturday, July 14, 2007

Dodging Satan's Blows!

Last night, a bunch of my girlfriends and I got together at one of our friend's house, and we had a little get together. It's been awhile since we were all together by ourselves, like just us. It startled me how a few of my friends have changed, for the worse.

My best friend and I have had this journal that we've been writing back in forth in. Yesterday, she wrote me that we need to take a stand for God and change this generation. That's great, and I'm totally for it, but they were looking at stuff on you tube that wasn't good. It was stuff that I was ashamed to see. Ashamed to see that people that I call my friends were looking at. I left the room, and did not watch the rest of it.

Then we were watching this movie on T.V. and in this movie, they took the Lord's name in vain. I hate that. So, I had the remote, and I muted it. Then, everyone looked at me, and was like, "Why did you do that for?" And I was like, "Didn't you hear that?" And they were like, "What?" It's like they've become immune to it. They didn't even notice it. I mean all of us go to church, all of us say we're Christians, and I feel like I'm the only one who really is devoted to Christ. It's so hard. Sometimes, I can't wait for college. I want to go so bad. I don't know if things will be any easier in college, but at least I'll be able to meet to new people. People who actually are committed to their walk with God.

Then, of all things, I wake up this morning, and there are like three pimples on my face. I was broken out major. If that's not a confidence booster, then I don't know what is. It's like my friends were really different, my face looked awful, and on top of that, my wonderful time of the month has arrived. Satan is really working on me good. But I'm not going to let him whip me. I just wish I had a friend sometimes who had the same standards and was brought up the same way I was. That's why I can't wait for college. My future roommate has been brought up the way I have. If not more so than me. She's a preacher daughter, and she's one of the few pk's that actually is good.

Oh well, just one more year. I just need to pray for my friends and not compromise my beliefs and standards. Just pray.

2 comments:

ChandraJoy said...

Sorry you had a rough night. Good for you standing up for what you know is right. I'm praying for you sweetie!

Lea said...

Good for you Jana. Stick to your standards and do what you know is right. I'm proud of you.

I know you're going to a Christian college and I know you'll meet some good Christian people there, but don't set your expectations too high because there are bound to be lots of people there who call themselves Christians but do not maintain the same standards you do.