Friday, July 13, 2007

Uggghhh!!!

Well, let's just say I'm a little bit frustrated. I've slowly but surely put on weight, and I've been trying to lose it, but it seems like every time I get started, something comes up, and I mess up. I've read so many diet plans and tried every exercise it seems, and I just keep coming to a dead end. I was going to wear jeans to work today, and when I tried them on this morning, I changed my mind. I pretty much looked atrocious in them. I mean I've been walking every morning at grandma's for like 30-40 minutes, but I'm getting nowhere. I've tried the whole weight-watchers point system, but it works for like 2 days, and then I don't stick with it. I know I probably snack too much, but it just seems like, I don't know, I just want to lose weight.

And then, I have the guilty conscience thing telling me that I'm too obsessed about it, that I need to be more focused on God than my body. I'm hoping though that when drum practice and band practice starts again, that I'll be getting more exercise and maybe my metabolism will speed up.

I guess I just need encouragement, prayer, and advice. If you have any advice about weight-loss/fitness, that would be great. I'm going to a party tonight with a bunch of my friends, and I really don't want to blow it. My goal is to lose my desired weight before I start taking senior pictures. I don't want to look back on them and say, "Man, I wish I could've lost that weight." My mom also told me that I didn't gain the weight overnight, and I'm not going to lose it overnight. I know I can do this. I've done it before. I just need some motivation. Major.

The only thing is, I don't want this to be a thing just for senior pictures. I want this to be a lifestyle change so I can be healthy and not have to worry about it when I get old.

Well, here's my first "yucky" post. Sorry it was kind of down.

Well, talk to you later.

2 comments:

ChandraJoy said...

I know it has been a bit since I've seen you, but the last time I did see you looked great. I hope you aren't stressing over just a little bit of weight, but I am praying for you that you can get to your desired wieght.
My tip is to drink lots of water. Not TOO much water because that can be bad. Try drinking an 8 ounce glass before you eat and when you start feeling hunger. It helps you feel fuller.
One of my biggest problems is eating when I'm not really hungry. If you are a snacker, like I am, make sure it healthy, like fruits and veggies. I KNOW it is much easier said than done, but if you really want to do it you will!
I'm praying for you sweetie!

Lea said...

I agree with Joy on the water idea. When I was working at AIM and I would get hungry for a snack mid-morning or mid-afternoon, I would drink a big glass of ice water in a fairly short amount of time. It really did make me feel full and the craving for a snack would go away.

Weight is a difficult thing because, as you said, it has to be a way of life. Studies have shown, over and over again, that people who "diet" almost always put the weight back on, plus some.

Paul and I both kind of take the same approach, in one regard (meaning he exercises and I don't:). When we see ourselves putting on 2 or 3 pounds over our "normal" weight, we start watching it until we are back at our normal weight again. If you never let yourself go over your normal weight by more than 2 or 3 pounds, it does not get too hard to fix. Actually, he is better at this than I am but I do usually catch it before it gets too bad, mostly because my clothes start to get uncomfortable, since I put all my weight on in my waist:).

'nuf said. Good luck and I will pray for you, dear niece.