Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Isn't Life Funny?

So today is July 4th.

All of my family, my mom, dad, brother, cousins, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, great-grandma, and my second cousin, who I have not seen in over a year, are going to be at my great-grandma's house, and I'm stuck at work today. Well, I didn't think it would be too bad because I could work at the pizza place and get to see everyone when they came to get the pizza. Well, because I'm new, the owner of the pizza place's wife is working over there today, and I get to watch the tanning salon. I like working over here, but it's so boring. I get to get online, which is good, but I wanted to be in on all the action at the pizza place since it's the 4th of July. I mean I don't get to see my family anyway because I'm at work, but now I'm over here. Well, at least I got to see my aunt and her boys last week. I just wanted to see everyone together. Oh well, maybe next year.

I guess this is the joy of having a job. Life isn't always easy. I guess this is teaching me what it will be like to grow up and work in the real world someday. I did work really hard yesterday. This could be God's way of giving me a break. He does funny things sometimes, doesn't He? They did say they would come down and see me though. We'll probably be able to talk better here than at the pizzeria anyway. Well, I hope all you bloggers out there have an awesome 4th of July. Be safe and don't drink. Ha Ha. But seriously, don't. Talk to you later. Bye.

2 comments:

ChandraJoy said...

Hey Jana,
Sorry you are stuck at work today. Michael had to work 6 hours today so we didn't get to come up. Like you said, maybe next year! I hope you have a good day and get to see some fireworks tonight!

Lea said...

I felt for you and I know exactly how it feels. I told Paul, on our way home, that I remember being in that exact same situation when I was around your age. Everyone was together, celebrating something, and I had to work. It's not a great feeling because you feel like you are missing out...and, of course you are. But I think you are correct, that it helps to prepare you for tougher times later in life.

We missed you. It's not the same without you with us. I'm glad we got to see you though.

Love you bunches!