Monday, July 16, 2007

Making Progress

So, I'm proud to say that I've lost two pounds. It's not much, but I'm happy with it. I've got to start somewhere. I went for a walk last night and jogged a few times. Then, this morning, I got up and walked and jogged again for about 35 minutes. I was so proud of myself. I have to keep telling myself that I want to do this for me and not anyone else. Then when I got to work today I tried on a dress that was tight last week, and I got it zipped up all the way, and it fit very nicely. I actually tried on two dresses that fit that were the size that I've been wanting to get back into. I'm so happy. I wanted to go down to the Bistro and get a little treat, but now I'm glad I didn't. Trying on those dresses gave me motivation.

Speaking of making progress, I think God put me in that situation Friday night to draw me closer to Him. I started a book that I've already read twice. It's called "Passion and Purity" by Elisabeth Elliot. She's a wonderful author. Each time I've read her book, I've gotten new persectives on things. She went to college back in the 40s and 50s, so her outlook was very innocent and pure. I'm sick of "playing Christian." I realize that I've gotten kind of slack lately in more than one area. But I don't want to stay that way.

Well, 4 more days until the mission trip. I'm so excited. We had our commissioning service yesterday at church. It was good. I will post some pictures when I get back. I know I'll have a lot. Well, I will talk later. I don't know if I'll be able to post more before I leave or not. If not, I'll talk when I get back. That's all for now.

2 comments:

ChandraJoy said...

Congrats on the 2lbs! That is a great start! I really hope you have a great trip! Thank you for your words of encouragement! Love ya!

Lea said...

2 lbs is 2 lbs! Even one pound gone is a wonderful thing. You are better off taking off one or two here and there than losing 10 pounds in one week. Keep up the good work!